- NT Scan refers to Nuchal Translucency, a scan that is usually done in the first trimester of pregnancy. That is between 11-14 weeks of the pregnancy.
- It is the Level 1 of the ultrasound scan done in pregnancy.
- This test helps to detect and measure, the size of the tissue, which is known as nuchal translucency (NT), present at the back of the baby’s neck.
- It is early detection of any down syndrome or abnormality in the fetus/baby.
- It is an external scan done by qualified and experienced Radiologists.
- It takes about 30-40 minutes to perform the same.
- NT Scan is safe, not causing any harm to the pregnant lady or the fetus/baby.